Are you an experienced Workshop supervisor or manager looking for a new challenge?
JMC Recruitment are working with an industry leading Maintenance Repair Organisation who is looking for an Workshop Manager to join and lead their team at their facility in Stanstead.
The purpose of this role is to manage the smooth running of a well-regarded 43 machine CNC manufacturing facility that supplies into the Aerospace and Defence sector. This role is key in ensuring full operating capacity and potential is achieved. Working with production to make sure that sales targets can be met, and that quality is maintained to a high standard.
Managing a team of operators and working with other departments to put in place measures needed to facilitate business growth.
Other Duties include:
· Managing a team of 30 Machine Operators, and be a point of escalation for CAD Dept and Stores Supervisors
· Determine direct staff levels and overtime requirements.
· Develop training plans, and ensure training is completed.
· Monitor staff performance including performance reviews and appraisals
· Responsible for hitting target delivery dates and insuring quality is maintained
· Carrying out investigations with quality and inspection.
· Assist in putting corrective actions in place to ensure re-work and scrap is reduced.
· Identify areas where process improvement can be made and work with continuous Improvement
· Engineering and Programming (CAD) to improve job performance
· Report facilities issues to the Group Facilities Manager
· Ensure Health and Safety is maintained and risks managed
The successful Workshop Manager will be able to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
· Previous experience in a 3 and 5 axis machine shop and turning facility
· Previous experience in a supervisory or management role
· Ability to lead and motivate a team
· Health and Safety experience
· Experience with LEAN manufacturing and 5S, or similar.
· Right to work in the UK
If you think this is the role for you please apply today or call JMC for more details.
Due to the high level of applications only successful shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For the opportunity JMC Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an employment agency.
Job Reference: 14052
Salary per: Zero
Job Start Date: