Trainee Sheet Metal Worker
JMC are working with a highly respected and market leading Engineering business based in Bishops Stortford who are looking to recruit a Junior Sheet Metal Worker to join their successful team.
This is a Permanent Position based in Bishops Stortford. 39 hours per week, Monday – Thursday, 7am – 5pm.
Salary and Benefits
· Competitive Salary
· Overtime at 1.5X
· 4 day working week
· Company Pension
· 25 days A/L + bank holidays + holiday buy back/ unpaid leave scheme
· Healthcare plan
· Death in service cover
· Electric car and cycle to work schemes
The primary purpose of this role is to produce fine limit sheet metal work components of which some to go into complex assemblies & welded assemblies to required regulatory and quality standards in line with customer requirements.
Other duties will involve:
· Use hand tools for sheet cutting, shaping, dressing and shaping formed blanks
· Use engineering measuring equipment to check dimensions are in line with drawing requirements
· Use manual and machine powered stretch and shrink machines
· Use fly press to punch holes and/or bend blanks in line with drawing requirements
· Carry out flat and form as required
· Adhere to all health and safety, quality and regulatory requirements
· When required must be willing to come off floor and perform indirect duties
Perform any other duties within your capabilities as directed by the Company.
Skills and experience required
No previous experience required, full training will be provided
Ability to read and understand engineering drawings advantageous
Educated to GCSE level or above
Positive attitude and willingness to learn is essential
Understanding of quality requirements
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK
If you think this is the role for you and you have the necessary skills and attributes please apply today or contact JMC Recruitment for more details.
Please note that due to the high level of applicants we will only be contacting shortlisted candidates regarding this role.
For this opportunity JMC Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an employment agency.
Job Reference: 14563
Salary per: Zero
Job Start Date:
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Bishop's Stortford
Job Industry: Sheet Metal Worker
Job Skill: Sheet Metal Production