Are you an experienced Technical Author looking for a new challenge?
JMC Recruitment are currently working with one of the UK’s leading Aerospace companies who are looking to add an experienced Technical Author to their knowledgeable team.
This is a Permanent Position working from home with occasional visits to Yeovil with an immediate start date.
Reporting to the Technical Manager you will be responsible for meeting aircraft progammes and in-service support requirements.
- Creating, editing and maintaining technical documents, including Component Maintenance Manuals (CMM), Service Bulletins, Aircraft Maintenance Manuals (AMM) and Illustrated Parts Catalogues (IPC) to meet the agreed requirements.
- Supporting the technical verification and validation of technical documentation.
- Ensuring technical documentation is produced to required quality, timeframes and standards.
- Ensuring quality control of documentation in accordance with applicable technical authoring specifications and standards.
- Maintaining records and files of all versions and revisions in conjunction with document control.
The successful Technical Author will be able to display the below skills and experience:
- Detailed understanding of Supportability and Air Publication specifications e.g. ASD S1000D (Issue 2.1 and 2.2), Def-Stan 00-60, DAvP 70, DAvP77, ATA2-02-90, etc.
- Educated to at least HNC level or equivalent in a relevant aviation related subject. Alternatively, to have completed a recognised engineering apprenticeship followed by a period of employment in all aspects of aircraft maintenance and overhaul, sufficient to gain the necessary practical experience for the job role.
- Strong knowledge of technical authoring and production tools e.g. Framemaker, EAGLE, Eagle Publishing System (EPS) and CAPS2000.
- Have the ability to interpret engineering drawings and use Dassault Enovia.
- Previous working knowledge of Simplified Technical English (ASD-STE-100).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to work effectively within a fast-paced environment.
In order to apply for this role you will need to have full right to work in the UK.
If you think this is the role for you and you have the necessary skills and attributes please apply today or contact JMC Recruitment for more details.
Please note that due to a high level of applications we will only be contacting shortlisted candidates.
For the opportunity JMC Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an employment agency.
Job Reference: 13161
Salary per: Zero
Job Start Date: