Sheet Metal Worker – Manufacturing
Are you a Sheet Metal Worker familiar within a manufacturing environment looking for a new opportunity?
JMC Recruitment are currently working with a leading Engineering and Manufacturing Organisation who are looking for a skilled Sheet Metal Worker to join their expanding team.
This is a Permanent Position based in Stansted.
Reporting to the Sheet Metal Supervisor, the Sheet Metal Worker will be responsible for producing fine limit sheet metal work components and work welded assemblies to high company standard. As well as following procedures, reading complex engineering drawings / lofts and producing work to set timescales.
Duties of the Sheet Metal Worker will include:
- Developing parts from drawings and produce to a high standard
- Using hand tools for sheet metal cutting, punching, dressing and forming blanks using form tools and presses.
- Developing blanks from lofts and drawings
- Setting up and operate fabricating machines including guillotine, band saws and promecam’s to cut, bend and straighten metal as required.
- Shaping/ forming blanks using both hand tools and machinery including, stretching and shrinking machines
- Using engineering measuring equipment to inspect own work to drawing tolerances and requirements prior to being submitted to Inspection.
- Adhering to all health and safety, quality, and regulatory requirements and 5s
The successful Sheet Metal Worker will be able to demonstrate the below skills and attributes:
- Previous experience knowledge of manufacturing processes in the aerospace industry preferable, but training will be given to the successful candidate if required
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings and aerospace specifications
- Able to work on your own or in a team to deliver parts on time
- Problem analysis and decision making
- Full right to work in the UK already in place
If you think this is the role for you and you have the necessary skills and attributes please apply today or contact JMC Recruitment for more details.
Please note that due to the high level of applicants we will only be contacting shortlisted candidates regarding this role.
For the opportunity JMC Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an employment agency.
Job Reference: 13493
Salary per: Hour
Job Start Date:
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Stansted