Sheet Metal Worker (Brake Press)
Are you a Sheet Metal Worker familiar within a manufacturing environment looking for a new opportunity?
JMC Recruitment are currently working with a leading Engineering and Manufacturing Organisation who are looking for a skilled Sheet Metal Worker to join their expanding team.
This is a Permanent Position based in Stansted.
Reporting to the Sheet Metal Supervisor, the Sheet Metal Worker will be responsible for producing sheet metal work components for assemblies and welded assemblies to high company and regulatory standard. As well as following procedures, reading complex engineering drawings / lofts and producing work to set timescales.
Duties of the Sheet Metal Worker will include:
- Developing parts from drawings and to produce detailed parts.
- Using hand tools for sheet cutting, shaping, dressing and shaping formed blanks.
- Lay out, measure, and mark materials in line with drawings or templates using scribes, dividers, squares, rules and calculators.
- Operating brake to produce detailed parts.
- Setting up and operate fabricating machines including guillotine and band saws.
- Shaping metal materials using both hand and other tools including, rubber presses, powered stretch and shrink machines.
- Using engineering measuring equipment to check dimensions are in line with drawing requirements.
The successful Sheet Metal Worker will be able to demonstrate the below skills and attributes:
- Previous experience knowledge of manufacturing processes in the automotive/ aerospace industry preferable but training will be given to the successful candidate if required
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings and aerospace specifications
- Experience using stretch forming machinery preferred
- Able to work in cross-functional teams to deliver parts on time
- Full right to work in the UK already in place
If you think this is the role for you and you have the necessary skills and attributes please apply today or contact JMC Recruitment for more details.
Please note that due to the high level of applicants we will only be contacting shortlisted candidates regarding this role.
For the opportunity JMC Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an employment agency.
Job Reference: 13621
Salary per: Zero
Job Start Date: