JMC are working with a highly respected and market leading Engineering business based in Bishops Stortford who are looking to recruit a Production Manager to manage their successful and growing team.
This is a Permanent Position based In Bishops Stortford. 40 hours per week, Monday- Friday.
Salary and Benefits
· Competitive Salary
· Excellent career prospects
· Overtime at 1.5X
· Lunchtime finish on Fridays
· Company Pension
· 25 days A/L + bank holidays + holiday buy back/ unpaid leave scheme
· Healthcare plan
· Death in service cover
· Electric car and cycle to work schemes
The primary purpose of this role is to manage the smooth running of production in a well-regarded and growing Aerospace sheet metal facility. Maintaining Quality, Cost, Safety, and people to maximise operating capacity and throughput, to ensure on-time-in-full objectives and sales are met.
Other duties involve:
· Planning And Organising Production Schedules
· Utilise Labour Efficiently, Ensuring Productivity Is Maximized.
· Assessing Resource Requirements And Set Plans For Required Training
· Managing Throughput To Meet Production Demands.
· Ensure Best Working Practice, And Continuous Improvement Activities Are Driven.
· Overseeing Production Processes
· Giving Timescales Or Schedules For Delivery As Necessary
· Create A Production Schedule Through Various Operations Based On Routings.
· Liaising With Planning Engineers, Bonded Stores, Production Control And Other Departments To Ensure OTIF Is Met.
· Supervising And Overseeing The Work Of Direct Staff
· Identify Areas Of Improvement, And Bottle Necks. Help Implement Solutions.
· Be Aware, And Work With Engineering To Identify Products Needing Engineering Improvements.
· Attend Daily Standups And Dmbs.
· Maintain Quality Standards, And That Processes Are In Line With The QMS.
· Record Scrap And Rework. Assist In RCCA/5Ys Etc As Required.
· Ensure That Health And Safety Requirements Are Met
Skills and experience required.
· Strong Excel, Project, and IT skills
· Previous experience in a production management/ supervisory role
· Proven experience of resource planning
· Track record of continuous improvement
· Experience with LEAN manufacturing or similar
· H&S qualification
· Sheet Metal experience
· All applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
If you think this is the role for you and you have the necessary skills and attributes, please apply today or contact JMC Recruitment for more details.
Please note that due to the high level of applicants we will only be contacting shortlisted candidates regarding this role.
For this opportunity JMC Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an employment agency.
Job Reference: 14432
Salary per: Zero
Job Start Date:
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Bishop's Stortford
Job Industry: Planning Manager
Job Skill: Aerospace Production Manager, Production Manager