Are you a Procurement Manager looking for a new opportunity?
JMC Recruitment are currently working with a leading Engineering and Manufacturing Organisation who are looking for an experienced Procurement Manager to join their expanding team.
This is a permanent role based in Stansted.
Reporting to the CEO the Procurement Manager will be responsible for the efficient and effective running of the Procurement department and its team. As well as the management of suppliers to ensure timely delivery of materials within budgetary requirements.
- Ensuring timely purchase and delivery on a wide range of aircraft parts and materials in line with operational procedures and at the most competitive price
- Implementing strategic supply chain plans to support long term business goals and continually improve purchasing methods in a bid to drive down external spend
- Liaise with the Estimating Dept and Planning to ensure the price is correct to the tender/quotation. Flag any issues.
- Providing KPIs for suppliers and monitor consumable costs
- Ensuring suppliers quality, OTIF and responses are monitored and recorded
- Maintaining inventory levels. Buying only as required, when required.
- Resolving and investigating supply chain errors and examine via root cause analysis
- Identifying new suppliers including possible discount structures, volume rebates, excess materials buy backs etc
- Ensuring stringent order controls are in place to ensure company targets are met with regards to spend, inventory levels, usage, utilising stock etc.
- Ensuring the ongoing management and monitoring of team members, carrying out performance reviews when required.
The successful Procurement Manager will be able to demonstrate the below skills and attributes:
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role in a purchasing environment within the manufacturing industry
- Excellent organisational and communication skills with experience in ERP software and Microsoft Office
- Experience in the bidding process
- Familiarity with supply chain and inventory management systems
- Experience of implementing; KPIs and continuous improvement processes
- Experience of negotiating long term supplier agreements
- Proven track record of supplier relationship management experience
- People management experience and strong leadership skills
- Strong blend of experience between ‘hands on’ operational procurement and strategic planning
- Full right to work in the UK already in place with a Clean UK Driving License
If you think this is the role for you and you have the necessary skills and attributes, please apply today or contact JMC Recruitment for more details.
Please note that due to the high level of applicants we will only be contacting shortlisted candidates regarding this role.
For this opportunity JMC Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an employment agency.
Job Reference: 13490
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: