Press Brake Operator
JMC are working with an aviation maintenance repair organisation company (MRO) based in Bishop Stortford, looking to recruit a new Press Brake Operator to join their team.
This is a Permanent Position based in Bishop Stortford.
39 hours per week, Monday- Thursday.
Salary and Benefits
– Competitive Salary
– Overtime at 1.5X
– 4 day working week
– Company Pension
– 25 days A/L + bank holidays + holiday buy back/ unpaid leave scheme
– Healthcare plan
– Death in service cover
– Electric car and cycle to work schemes
To produce sheet metal work components for assemblies. Read engineering drawings / lofts and produce work to a defined schedule.
Other duties involve:
· Set and operate press brake machine.
· Use hand tools for sheet cutting, shaping, dressing and shaping formed blanks.
· Lay out, measure, and mark materials in line with drawings or templates using scribes, dividers, squares, rules and calculators.
· Set up and operate fabricating machines including guillotine and band saws.
· Shape metal materials using both hand and other tools including, rubber presses, powered stretch and shrink machines.
· Use engineering measuring equipment to check dimensions are in line with drawing requirements.
Skills and experience required:
In order to be successful in this role the Press Brake Operator will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
Previous experience knowledge of manufacturing processes, preferably within the aerospace or automotive industry.
Experience setting and operating press brake
Experience using stretch forming machinery preferred
Ability to read, understand engineering drawings and aerospace specifications
Ability to work in cross-functional teams to deliver parts on time
· Problem analysis and decision making
· Right to live and work in the UK
If you think this is the role for you and you have the necessary skills and attributes please apply today or contact JMC Recruitment for more details.
Please note that due to the high level of applicants we will only be contacting shortlisted candidates regarding this role.
For this opportunity JMC Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an employment agency.
Job Reference: 14311
Salary per: Zero
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Bishop's Stortford
Job Industry: Sheet Metal Worker
Job Skill: Press brake, Sheet Metal Worker