Head of Supply Chain
Are you an experienced Materials Manager/ Head of Supply Chain looking for a new opportunity in Malta?
JMC Recruitment are working with a world leading MRO Civil Aviation Service Provider who are currently looking for a Head of Supply Chain to join their expanding team at their new heavy base maintenance facility in Malta.
This is a permanent role based in Malta.
As the Head of Supply Chain, you will be responsible for leading and managing your department to achieve effective cross functional working to deliver operational excellence while having control of the assigned budget in line with the company business plan. This is a position that will be accountable for delivering an effective Supply Chain, ensuring the highest level of Safety and Quality, whilst optimising the operational costs
Supply Chain organisation department is composed of; Goods Receiving, Warehouse Packaging & Dispatch, Material Services, Material Coordination, Material Procurement and Material Planning, all ultimately reporting to this function.
- Promoting a positive Safety Culture and ensuing that the Safety and Quality Policy is
communicated/promoted and implemented within the Organization.
- Ensuring that all elements of the SMS are properly implemented, maintained and continuously improved by fulfilling all SMS related duties and responsibilities as defined in SMS Manual.
- Actively managing the departments performance to achieve operational and financial excellence.
- Managing maintenance check materials provisioning, including AOG when required within the agreed time (on time delivery), quality and cost.
- Delivering strategic warehousing, storage, transportation, logistics solutions.
- Being accountable for negotiation and management of Supply Chain contracts, consignment stock deals in area of responsibility.
- Developing communication strategies while managing relationships with all departments and 3rd party suppliers.
- Defining and agreeing appropriate service level agreements with suppliers.
- Actively managing human resources to ensure availability of skills to meet demand at all times.
- Recruiting, training, advancement and development of the personnel directly responsible for actively develop human talents in the organisation.
- Driving a performance culture through periodic target setting and regular structured follow-up with all direct reports.
- Implementing and ensuring a Lean / continuous improvement culture.
The successful Head of Supply Chain will be able to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a technical / Engineering / Business administration / Logistics is desirable.
- Management related course certificate.
- Strong communication skills in both written and verbal English.
- Extensive knowledge of aviation regulations (EASA Part 145, Part 147, Part 66, Part 21, Part M) and other regulations related regulations.
- Previous working knowledge within a Leadership role.
If you think this is the role for you please apply today or call JMC for more details.
Due to the high level of applications only successful shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For the opportunity JMC Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an employment agency.
Job Reference: 13219
Salary per: Zero
Job Start Date: