Are you an Estimator or a CNC Miller with Estimating experience from a Manufacturing or Sheet Metal Components Environment looking for a new opportunity?
JMC Recruitment are currently working with a leading Engineering and Manufacturing Organisation who have a unique opportunity for an Estimator to join their expanding team.
This is a Permanent Position based in Stansted with the flexibility to offer a Remote or Hybrid Working Environment.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, the Estimator will be responsible for playing a key role in the submission of quotations and tenders on behalf of the company. To interact with customers directly and fulfil their requirements. You will also work with a team to ensure accurate estimates are provided and that jobs are costed as per instruction.
Duties of the Estimator will include:
- Ensuring stable, transparent, and traceable market driven cost structures and provide accurate costing and pricing figures to the company’s business development team
- Supporting the development, implementation and optimization of market driven costings and manage and analyse all materials against a project
- Estimating CNC 3, 4, 5 Axis Milling and Turning.
- Estimating simple fabrication and assembly times.
- Obtaining material, bought out and treatment prices and lead-times.
- Producing accurate costing estimates in response to customers / product developments
- Reading and assessing 2D and 3D drawings confidently.
- Ensuring that Customer expectations are met and exceeded and identify areas for improvement
- Preparing of quotes/submission, putting bids together.
- Liaising with internal colleagues regarding product set-up, routings, and other technical aspects
The successful Estimator will be able to demonstrate the below skills and attributes:
- Experience within CNC milling in 3,4,5-axis and CNC Turning, and working with Titanium, Aluminum and Steel
- Previous estimating and costing knowledge is desirable
- Experience within an aerospace or high standard engineering environment
- Able to obtain material, AGS and treatment quotations, and working with suppliers and procurement to secure long term pricing.
- Prior Milling and/or fabrication experience
- Ability to work to deadlines is essential
- Proficient in the use of MS Office programs, particularly Excel
- Have good communication skills and will be expected to develop working relationships across all departments of the business
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and capable of working to challenging deadlines
- Full right to work in the UK already in place
If you think this is the role for you and you have the necessary skills and attributes please apply today or contact JMC Recruitment for more details.
Please note that due to the high level of applicants we will only be contacting shortlisted candidates regarding this role.
For the opportunity JMC Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an employment agency
Job Reference: 12935
Salary per: Zero
Job Start Date: