Culture and Industrial Relations Manager (Airline / Aviation)
Are you an experienced Industrial Relations / People Manager with broad experience in managing Unions and Work Councils engagement in the Netherlands or Germany?
A leading low-cost European Airline is currently recruiting for a Culture and Industrial Relations Manager (Aviation) to be based in Germany or Netherlands to be accountable for crew management and operational excellence across the region.
The role of Culture and Industrial Relations Manager will involve:
- Developing and maintaining positive and productive industrial relations and engagement with local unions and work councils.
- Working with Human Resources to lead CLA (Collective Labour Agreement) negotiations ensuring that crew feedback is always listened to and understood to support the negotiation of pay agreements.
- Leading management teams across bases, supporting the development of culture and management of employment relations.
- Instilling a high level of cabin crew engagement in the region, making sure that crew feedback is promptly and effectively acted upon.
- Driving operational excellence, ensuring high levels of OTP, Customer Satisfaction, Inflight sales and crew attendance across bases.
- Coaching base management teams and support them to develop the required leadership skills.
- Effectively lead and embed business change programmes in the region
- Ensuring that base managers adopt effective cost control and manage within the budget.
The Culture and Industrial Relations Manager will have the following attributes:
- Live in the Netherlands or Germany
- An experienced people manager from a travel, retail or customer driven environment
- Deep understanding and experience of managing Unions and Work Councils engagement in the Netherlands and Germany
- Change management champion to drive operational performance
- Exceptional leader with the ability to motivate and build a high performing team, be a role model and drive best practice and continuous improvement
- Fluency in English + local language (Germany or Netherlands)
- Exceptional interpersonal and influencing skills, able to communicate with all levels of the business both internally and externally
- Ability to travel across the network to ensure adequate presence at bases.
- Ability to strike a balance between operational, strategic, and commercial needs and combine a strong grasp of detail with the bigger picture view.
The role of Culture and Industrial Relations Manager attracts:
- Salary: € Competitive
- Working Pattern: Hybrid Working (Home and Office)
- Benefits: Competitive Benefits Package including Shares and Bonus
Job Reference: JMC12267
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: