Are you an experienced Facilities Manager looking for a new opportunity?
JMC are working with a leading MRO Organisation based in the Prestwick, looking to recruit a Facilities Manager to join their expanding team.
This is a Permanent Position based in Prestwick with an immediate start date.
Reporting to the General Manager and Director, the Facilities Manager will be responsible for advising on all safety, health and welfare matters to ensure the company complies with its statutory obligations. The facilities aspect of the role is to ensure the care and upkeep of the sites and facilities in Prestwick and Manchester.
The Facilities Manager will plan budgets and schedules facility modifications, including estimates on equipment, labour, materials and other related costings. They will also help define the strategic and efficient improvement of facility maintenance programs.
The responsibilities of the Facilities Manager will involve:
- Preparing and maintaining facility operational budgets
- Organising the repair, maintenance of lighting systems, plumbing fixtures, electrical systems, fire protection and alarms
- Keeping records of all facility maintenance performed
- Coordinating the use of contractors for facility repairs and upkeep as required
Inspecting outside structures and organise maintenance when required
- Hosting facility audits for HSE, EA and any other bodies as required
Ownership of company procedures with regards to airport security and building operations
- Implementing robust and appropriate Health and Safety Management systems
- Coordinating fire safety annual plan and implement fire risk assessment
- Developing health and safety site inspections and report defects as noted
- Advising the Senior Management on legal and regulatory compliance matters including new legislation or regulatory requirements
- Promoting a positive Health and Safety Culture and drive continuous improvement
- Establishing H&S Committee meetings and attend Safety Action Group meetings to ensure all site items are raised and appropriately addressed
- Developing preventative maintenance programs in the hangar and workshop
- Overseeing the execution of all contracts related to the operation of the sites and ensure value for money for the organisation
- Ensuring the management of waste from the facility is accomplished in a compliant and cost effective manner
- Ensuring the facility exceeds the standards for Health and Safety compliance
- Maintaining professional working relationships with Business Partners, Contractors and Project Managers
- Interfacing with stake holders and leadership on a daily basis to coordinate project and operational activities form business case to completion
- Maintaining Safety Stations, ensuring compliance with COSHH requirements
- Making recommendations to Managers on systems scheduled services
- Complying with all airport authority rules and regulations and airport security requirements
In order to be successful in this role, the Facilities Manager will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- 5 years of Facilities Management Experience
- NEBOSH Accredited (Certificate level a minimum/Diploma Preferred) or Equivalent
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety procedures in the workplace
- Understanding of HSE auditing processes
- Understanding or knowledge of building codes
- Negotiating skills experience
- Knowledge of all safety standards for working in and around aircraft and associated facilities
- Flexibility to travel between sites
- Right to live and work in the UK
If you think this is the role for you and you have the necessary skills and attributes, please apply today or contact JMC Recruitment for more details.
Please note that due to the high level of applicants we will only be contacting shortlisted candidates regarding this role.
For this opportunity JMC Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an employment agency.
Job Reference: 14480
Salary per: Zero
Job Duration: Permanent
Job Start Date: 18/05/2023
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Prestwick
Job Industry: Facilities Manager, Health And Safety
Job Skill: Facilities, Facilities Manager, health and safety, HSE