Are you an experienced Logistics Manager looking for a new opportunity?
JMC are working with a leading MRO Organisation based in Stansted, looking to recruit a Logistics Manager to join their expanding team.
This is a Permanent Position based in Stansted with an immediate start date.
The responsibilities of the Logistics Manager will involve:
- Planning and developing strategy policies for supply chain and procurement
- Managing and controlling departmental expenditure within agreed budgets
- Maintaining accuracy of the MRO system with regards to all material dept requirements
- Developing and negotiating existing and new contracts with suppliers
- Managing and developing direct reporting staff
- Ensuring all stores staff and necessary engineering staff are trained in materials management procedures
- Ensuring your personal Inspection Authorisation (and licences) remains valid
- Maintaining awareness and knowledge of regulatory requirements in relation to the management and control of materials
- Meeting regulatory compliance at all line station stores and ensuring approved stores are maintained in an appropriate condition
- Ensuring activities meet with and integrate with organisational requirements
- Developing key performance indicators to measure the effectiveness of the material management operation
- Producing management reports for departmental performance against these KPI’s
- Ensuring inventory levels are maintained to required levels to support the business requirements
- Ensuring shelf life/preservation requirements of items are maintained by stores personnel
- Carrying out regular audits in conjunction with Station Engineers to ensure all materials management procedures meet the regulatory requirements
- Developing the parts sales business providing guidance and support to the sales team and increasing the customer base
- Producing procedures and databases to ensure a ‘standard’ stores process through the company
- Liaising with handling agents as directed
- Ensuring staff responsible for Dangerous and Hazardous Goods control and shipping receive appropriate training for the compliance with regulatory requirements
- Ensuring the maintenance of records for customers/ASPD and regulatory authorities.
- Monitoring stores requisition file
- Assisting Station Engineers with tools and ground equipment control/serviceability including calibration requirements
- Ensuring the recording of additional customer recharge action is being forwarded to the Station Engineers for invoicing
- Assisting with the transportation of spares, materials and tooling to/from locations as necessary
- Ensuring the Health & Safety Policy is maintained in accordance with the company’s Safety Policy throughout all of the company’s stores
In order to be successful in this role, the Logistics Manager will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Understanding of regulatory requirements in relation to materials management
- Experience in setting, developing and maintaining material/logistics department procedures
- Experience in managing departmental Health & Safety and Compliance
- Demonstratable experience in managing contract negotiations and ongoing relationships with suppliers
- Previous experience in stores position within Aviation
- Ability to manage multi-site teams
- Flexibility to travel between sites
- Right to live and work in the UK
If you think this is the role for you and you have the necessary skills and attributes, please apply today or contact JMC Recruitment for more details.
Please note that due to the high level of applicants, we will only be contacting shortlisted candidates regarding this role.
For this opportunity JMC Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an employment agency.
Job Reference: 13989
Salary per: Zero
Job Duration: Permanent
Job Start Date: 11/01/2023