B1 or B2 Licensed Engineer Shift Lead (A320)
Are you an experienced B1 or B2 Licensed Engineer Shift Lead (A320) looking for a new opportunity?
JMC are working with a leading MRO Organisation based in Gatwick, looking to recruit a B1 or B2 Licensed Engineer Shift Lead (A320) to join their expanding team.
This is a Permanent Position based in Gatwick with an immediate start date.
The B1 or B2 Licensed Engineer Shift Lead (A320) will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operational activities to ensure the safe and efficient operation of their responsible shift. They will also be required to take on administrative and managerial duties including workload management, booking control, production planning and will be responsible for supervising and managing staff on shift.
The responsibilities of the B1 or B2 Licensed Engineer Shift Lead (A320) will involve:
- Maintaining awareness of company Health & Safety policy
- Ensuring staff under their control practice approved methods to minimise risk to personnel or equipment
- Encouraging a safety culture among shift members and advise the Station Manager of any potential hazards identified or improvements that could be made
- Promoting a safety conscious culture
- Encouraging a strong work ethic and staff interaction across shift personal
- Leading by example
- Managing all shift activities and responsibilities whilst ensuring efficient use of manpower
- Ensuring the activities contribute to the continued airworthiness of the based aircraft with expedient clear up of defects
- Establishing and encouraging communications across all reporting areas and interfacing departments
- Assessing all work requests and requirements with particular attention to tooling, manpower and downtime
- Managing and maintaining a safe and efficient line maintenance operation
- Aiding in maintaining an efficient and effective shift to aid the continued airworthiness of Customer Aircraft
- Ensuring shift levels and skills are sufficient to achieve planned workload in line with Production Planning Process
- Bringing discrepancies to the attention of Engineering Management
- Ensuring a good relationship is maintained between all line stations and interfacing departments
- Reviewing daily the Customer work requests, ensuring spares have been identified/received and placed on Pre-load
- Aiding Customer Airlines achieve on-time performance targets
- Ensuring all responsible staff are aware of their responsibilities and updates to relevant procedures
- Ensuring the line station is maintained in a clean, safe and efficient manner
In order to be successful in this role, the B1 or B2 Licensed Engineer Shift Lead (A320) will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Hold a current UK CAA Part 66 B1 Licence
- Airbus A320 (PW1100G) type ratings (training on engine type can be provided)
- Experience of Line operations
- Supervisory and/or Managerial experience
- Technical experience in aviation and experience of certifying Aircraft with a UK CAA Part 66 Licence
- Have a working knowledge of Aircraft Maintenance Production Planning
- Right to live and work in the UK
If you think this is the role for you and you have the necessary skills and attributes, please apply today or contact JMC Recruitment for more details.
Please note that due to the high level of applicants, we will only be contacting shortlisted candidates regarding this role.
For this opportunity JMC Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an employment agency.
Job Reference: 13988
Salary per: Zero
Job Duration: Permanent
Job Start Date: 11/01/2023