Lead Aircraft Mechanic
Are you an experienced Lead Aircraft Mechanic looking for a new opportunity?
JMC are working with a leading MRO Organisation based in Prestwick, looking to recruit a Lead Aircraft Mechanic to join their team.
This is a Permanent Position based in Prestwick with an immediate start date.
The Lead Aircraft Mechanic will be responsible for working with and under the guidance of the Certifying Engineer on the zone/aircraft as allocated, supporting them with all aspects of Aircraft Maintenance performed by the Company.
The responsibilities of the Lead Aircraft Mechanic will involve:
- Maintaining aircraft to the appropriate standard
- Planning and leading the work of Aircraft Mechanics
- Reading and interpreting maintenance manuals, service bulletins and other specifications
- Determining the feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components
- Assembling and installing electrical, plumbing, mechanical, hydraulic, structural components and accessories, using hand tools and power tools
- Replacing and replenishing aircraft fluids including fuel, oils and lubricants
- Preparing and painting aircraft surfaces
- Removing or installing aircraft components
- Maintaining repair logs, documenting all preventive and corrective aircraft maintenance
- Maintaining, repairing and rebuilding aircraft structures, functional components and parts
- Communicating with other workers to coordinate fitting and alignment of heavy parts, or to facilitate processing of repair parts
- Ordering supplies, parts, materials and equipment
- Ensuring all paperwork is completed to the required standards and in line with the company MOE
- Ensuring correct use and accuracy of the MRO system is maintained with regards to all maintenance activities
- Maintaining awareness and knowledge of regulatory requirements and any associated changes in relation to EASA Part 145, Part M and Part 66
- Maintaining awareness and knowledge of requirements and any associated changes in relation to company health and safety policies and procedures
- Maintaining aircraft maintenance operations, with specific focus on working at height and the use of plant & machinery
- Ensuring activities meet with and integrate with company requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care
- Maintaining the highest airworthiness, quality, safety and performance standards
- Ensuring all company legal requirements appertaining to aircraft maintenance and inspection are complied with
- Maintaining an up-to-date aircraft maintenance logbook to demonstrate level of experience and competence gained through the completion of a variety of tasks
- Holding and maintaining a valid Company Aircraft Mechanic authorisation
- Housekeeping, ensuring work areas are kept clean and tidy as reasonably practicable
- Ad hoc project work as required within the scope of the role
In order to be successful in this role, the Lead Aircraft Mechanic will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- A recognised apprenticeship within the aircraft industry or similar
- Deep understanding of regulatory requirements in relation to Part 145
- Proven work history in a base maintenance/aviation environment
- Understanding of Health & Safety, Human Factors and Compliance requirements
- Demonstrate technical experience as well as leadership behaviours
- Have a working knowledge of Aircraft Maintenance Production Planning
- Forklift licence would be desirable
- Right to live and work in the UK
If you think this is the role for you and you have the necessary skills and attributes, please apply today or contact JMC Recruitment for more details.
Please note that due to the high level of applicants we will only be contacting shortlisted candidates regarding this role.
For this opportunity JMC Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an employment agency.
Job Reference: 13889
Salary per: Zero
Job Duration: Permanent
Job Start Date: 16/12/2022