B1/B2 Licensed Engineer
Are you an experienced B1/B2 Licensed Engineer looking for a new opportunity?
JMC are working with a leading MRO Organisation based in Prestwick, looking to recruit a B1/B2 Licensed Engineer to join their expanding team.
This is a Permanent Position based in Prestwick with an immediate start date.
Reporting to the Shift supervisor, the B1/B2 Licensed Engineer will be responsible for carrying out certification on the zones and areas assigned to them. They will also liaise with the Check Manager to review and approve the work of mechanics where necessary.
The responsibilities of the B1/B2 Licensed Engineer will involve:
- Carrying out certification of work carried out in accordance with the scope and privileges of the authorisations held
- Supervising staff in conjunction with a lead mechanic, allocating to the aircraft or zone that the Certifying Engineer is accountable for
- Ensuring that any significant findings that could affect the aircraft delivery are reported via the correct channels as soon as possible
- Ensuring that work is carried out in the most efficient manner
- Ensuring the aircraft turnaround times are met
- Performing maintenance on aircraft and certify for all work performed
- Ensuring correct staging, manual references, tooling and materials used are captured and accurate detail is provided
- Ensuring continuity of work by completing the handover log and being available to give a handover at shift changes
- Ensuring spares are identified and provisioned in the most time efficient manner, to avoid any delays in defect rectification
- Keeping production boards up to date on a regular basis reflecting aircraft progress, critical item and timelines
- Completing the customer work pack and all associated paperwork in line with regulatory requirements and company procedures
- Ensuring correct use and accuracy of the MRO system is maintained with regards to all maintenance activities
- Maintaining awareness and knowledge of regulatory requirements and any associated changes in relation to EASA Part 145, Part M and Part 66
- Ensuring work areas are kept clean and tidy as reasonably practicable
- Ensuring personal licence and authorisation remain valid
- Ad hoc project work as required within the scope of the role
In order to be successful in this role, the B1/B2 Licensed Engineer will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- UK CAA and/or EASA Part 66 B1/B2 Licence
- At least 2 aircraft types on company’s approval:
- Airbus A320 (CFM56/IAE V2500/CFM LEAP-1A/IAE PW1100G)
- Airbus A330 (RR Trent)
- Boeing B737 (CFM56)
- Boeing B757 (Pw200/Rb211)
- Boeing B767 (RB211)
- Boeing B777 (GE 90/RR Trent 800/PW 4000)
- Boeing B787 (Trent 1000/GEnx)
- Minimum 5 years’ hands on experience of certifying aircraft with an EASA Part 66 Licence and appropriate company authorisation
- Full understanding of regulatory requirements in relation to Part 145
- Experience of supervising departmental Health & Safety & Compliance
- Completed IOSH working safely course is desirable
- Right to live and work in the UK
If you think this is the role for you and you have the necessary skills and attributes, please apply today or contact JMC Recruitment for more details.
Please note that due to the high level of applicants we will only be contacting shortlisted candidates regarding this role.
For this opportunity JMC Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an employment agency.
Job Reference: 13886
Salary per: Zero
Job Duration: Permanent
Job Start Date: 20/12/2022