Are you an experienced Calibration Trainee looking for a new opportunity?
JMC are working with a leading MRO Organisation based in Stansted, looking to recruit a Calibration Trainee to join their team.
This is a Permanent Position based in Stansted with an immediate start date.
The Calibration Trainee will have the opportunity to learn all aspects of calibration via an on-the-job training program to gain the experience required to work independently as a future Calibration Technician. This is a hands-on role, and you will be working in the mechanical laboratory calibrating measuring equipment such as micrometers, DTIs, torque wrenches and pressure gauges. For successful career progression, the Calibration Trainee will need strong practical skills with a natural aptitude and genuine interest in carrying out delicate mechanical work involving high levels of concentration.
The responsibilities of the Calibration Trainee will involve:
- Calibrating Mechanical Measuring equipment – (Micrometres, Callipers, Height Gauges, Torque Wrenches, Gauge Blocks etc.)
- Calibrating of Electrical equipment- (Multimeters, Insulation Testers, LCR Meters etc.)
- Repairing and fault finding to component level
- Maintaining the Calibration Database, filing system, Calibration Certification and associated files
- Assisting in the development and Improvement of Inspection and Calibration procedures
- Participating in external/internal audits as required
- Ensuring that mandatory and legislative QH&S/HS&E aspects of work are implemented at all times
- Supporting process improvement and functional development
In order to be successful in this role, the Calibration Trainee will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Hold a valid UK Drivers Licence
- Understanding of calibration and be familiar with tool control
- Knowledge in Windows-based software (In particular Microsoft Excel)
- Hold good Maths and verbal and written English skills, including the ability to interact at a technical level
- Be able to read technical drawings
- Right to live and work in the UK
If you think this is the role for you and you have the necessary skills and attributes, please apply today or contact JMC Recruitment for more details.
Please note that due to the high level of applicants we will only be contacting shortlisted candidates regarding this role.
For this opportunity JMC Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an employment agency.
Job Reference: 13792
Salary per: Zero
Job Duration: Permanent
Job Start Date: 29/11/2022