Are you an experienced Safety Manager looking for a new challenge?
JMC are working with a leading MRO Organisation based in Ireland, looking to recruit a Safety Manager to join their expanding team.
This is a Permanent Position based in Ireland with an immediate start date.
Reporting to the Quality and Safety Manager, the Safety Manager will be responsible for the development, administration and maintenance of the organisation’s Aviation safety management system (SMS).
The responsibilities of the Safety Manager will involve:
- Facilitating hazard identification, risk assessment and management
- Monitoring the implementation of actions taken to mitigate risks
- Providing periodic reports on safety performance to the Safety Review Board
- Ensuring the maintenance of SMS safety management documentation
- Ensuring that there is safety training available and that it meets acceptable standards
- Providing advice on safety matters
- Ensuring the initiation and follow-up of internal occurrence investigations
- Promoting hazard reporting and ensuring effective safety reporting
- Promoting an organizational culture that fosters safety practices through effective leadership
- Acting as an information conduit to bring safety issues to the attention of management
- Delivering safety information to the organization’s staff, contractors and stakeholders
- Assisting in the continuous improvement of the hazard identification and safety risk assessment schemes and the organization’s SMS
- Analysing technical data for trends related to hazards, events and occurrences
- Measuring the effectiveness and seeks to continually improve the quality of processes
In order to be successful in this role the Safety Manager will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- 5 years of relevant work experience, of which at least 2 years should be from the aeronautical industry in an appropriate position
- A relevant engineering degree or an aircraft maintenance technician qualification with additional education that is acceptable to the competent authority
- Knowledge of Airbus/Boeing aircraft types gained through a formalised training course
- Acceptable to the IAA as the competent SMS Safety Manager
- Operational experience related to Continuing Airworthiness (Part-CAMO, Part-M, Part-145)
- Knowledge of ICAO standards and European requirements on safety management
- An understanding of safety management systems based on the EU management system requirements, including compliance monitoring systems and ICAO Annex 19
- An understanding of risk management
- An understanding of safety investigation techniques and root cause methodologies
- An understanding of Human Factors and Human Performance
- Understanding and promotion of a positive safety culture
If you think this is the role for you and you have the necessary skills and attributes, please apply today or contact JMC Recruitment for more details.
Please note that due to the high level of applicants we will only be contacting shortlisted candidates regarding this role.
For this opportunity JMC Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an employment agency.
Job Reference: 13587
Salary per: Zero
Job Duration: Permanent
Job Start Date: 10/10/2022