Director of Maintenance
Are you an experienced Director of Maintenance looking for a new challenge?
JMC are working with a leading MRO Organisation based in Europe, looking to recruit a Director of Maintenance to join their team.
This is a Permanent Position based in Europe with an immediate start date.
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Maintenance will be responsible for leading, planning, organising and controlling the operational activities of the MRO. As well as holding responsibility for supporting and maintaining an environment of continuous improvement and operational excellence. This includes the development of a maintenance strategy in line with the company strategy and the development of relevant key analytical and leading metrics.
The responsibilities of the Director of Maintenance will involve:
- Ability to manage and lead with respect and encouragement, recognising key contributions and adhering to a “Employee Orientated “culture
- Implementing and integrating of values and pillars as a constant way of operating
- Leading, influencing and engaging direct reports to further drive the cultural change based on company core values and the company purpose
- Supporting direct reports in their personal development in order to create a highly effective MRO operational team
- Partnering with colleagues on the management team to ensure the company is always managed in a professional manner and that company strategy is executed as planned
- Supporting relevant departments in the development of future maintenance strategies to meet business needs
- Ensuring that a culture of operational and product safety is maintained at all times throughout the MRO
- Developing and maintaining safe and efficient systems and processes to meet the day-to-day operational demands
- Leading the commitment to a safe and secure operating environment
- Ensuring that all maintenance activity work is performed in accordance with the MOE and EASA Part 145 requirements
- Further developing the customer focused service culture
- Ensuring our customer expectations are met including on time delivery of projects in a safe, airworthy and efficient manner
- Providing technical support to the operational team when required
- Developing and managing the budgets and P&L performance of the MRO operational departments
- Developing the annual budget in line with the annual business planning schedule
- Leading the future business development of the MRO through the expansion of ancillary support functions
In order to be successful in this role the Director of Maintenance will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Strong people influencing and team building skills with proven history of developing high performing teams
- Ability to develop strong relationships up, down and across the organisation to drive a culture of continuous improvement and change
- Analytical and decisive decision maker with the ability to prioritise and communicate to staff the key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organisational goals
- Technical experience in Boeing aircraft base maintenance ideally with B1/B2 qualifications
- Proven commercial experience with P&L responsibility at senior level
- Holds a qualification in operational excellence such as Six Sigma Black Belt or equivalent
- Experience in managing customer expectations while maintaining a strong customer focus
If you think this is the role for you and you have the necessary skills and attributes please apply today or contact JMC Recruitment for more details.
Please note that due to the high level of applicants we will only be contacting shortlisted candidates regarding this role.
For this opportunity JMC Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an employment agency.
Job Reference: 13384
Salary per: Zero
Job Duration: Permanent
Job Start Date: 31/08/2022