Are you an experienced Planning Engineer looking for a new challenge?
JMC are working with a leading MRO Organisation based in Prestwick, looking to recruit a Planning Engineer to join their team.
This is a Permanent Position based in Prestwick with an immediate start date.
The Planning Engineer will be responsible for ensuring the continuing airworthiness of the company aircraft in a highly competitive industry. Working towards cost effectiveness, whilst maintaining high levels of safety and delivering the strategic plans for the aircraft fleet. To monitor the approved maintenance programme to ensure the completion of scheduled work within established timescales. Co-ordinate with the contracted maintenance centres and planning departments to ensure compliance with CAA regulations and the continued airworthiness.
The responsibilities of the Planning Engineer will involve:
- Working with the subcontracted supplier to develop and supervise the program of inspections
- Ensuring completion of the work scheduled within the established timescales
- Coordinating with the contracted Maintenance organisations
- Evaluating the fleet maintenance requirements in the medium and long term
- Coordinating and supervising major reviews
- Ensuring the completion of all scheduled work and scheduled aircraft down times
- Ensuring that all scheduled maintenance is carried out on time and in accordance with approved standards
- Ensuring that all aircraft are maintained in accordance with the regulations and requirements defined by the CAA
- Working with the operations planning department on the routing of the aircraft to ensure necessary stops for maintenance
- Supervising the control of life limited parts, inspections and Airworthiness Directives
- Ensuring the necessary conditions for the extension of the Airworthiness Certificates are met as prescribed by the procedures
- Monitoring the management of the control system for deferred defects in the fleet
- Monitoring safety events and occurrence reports in the operation of the aircraft
In order to be successful in this role the Planning Engineer will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Experience of managing aircraft acquisition, take on and hand-back activities
- Experience of working within a technical or continuing airworthiness management department
- Experience of the aircraft certification, technical support and maintenance in continued airworthiness
- Experience searching out new ways to deliver continuous improvement and cost improvements
- Experience of planning of airbus aircraft
- Experience of working in a low-cost operation
- Knowledge of CAA Part-M, Part 145 and Part 21 requirements
- Knowledge of scheduled maintenance planning activities
- Knowledge of aircraft materials, logistics and spare parts provision
- Experience of effective supplier management
- Right to live and work in the UK
If you think this is the role for you and you have the necessary skills and attributes please apply today or contact JMC Recruitment for more details.
Please note that due to the high level of applicants we will only be contacting shortlisted candidates regarding this role.
For this opportunity JMC Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an employment agency.
Job Reference: 13321
Salary per: Zero
Job Duration: Permanent
Job Start Date: 16/08/2022