Technical Author (Airworthiness & Service Bulletins)
Are you an experienced Technical Author (Airworthiness & Service Bulletins) looking for a new challenge?
JMC Recruitment are currently working with a leading Aviation Organisation who are looking to add an experienced Technical Author (Airworthiness & Service Bulletins) to their expanding team.
This is a Permanent Position working from home with occasional visits to Yeovil with an immediate start date.
The role of Technical Author (Airworthiness & Service Bulletins) will involve:
- Produce service bulletins and modification leaflets for the Aerospace industry
- Read engineering drawings, have knowledge of aircraft operational requirements, service instructions and aircraft repairs
- To support the Principle Engineer Airworthiness and Service Bulletins Co-ordinator in the effective delivery of airworthiness documentation across the business to ensure corrective actions are controlled and instigated
- Produce Technical Instructions as a consequence of airworthiness data from all areas of the business to manage the correct mitigating actions are controlled to ensure the customer base is informed in a timely manner of all airworthiness information and required corrective actions as appropriate.
- Maintain and as required liaise with all participants to successfully close the issuing of aircraft inspections or modification instructions to reduce the cost of ownership of the aircraft and control the implementation of product enhancements
- Manage your individual activities, its dependencies to ensure completion of the related tasks against priorities from an airworthiness perspective and aircraft delivery
The successful Technical Author (Airworthiness & Service Bulletins) will have the following attributes:
- Educated to at least HNC level or equivalent in a relevant aviation related subject
- Alternatively, to have completed a recognised engineering apprenticeship followed by a period of employment in all aspects of aircraft maintenance and overhaul, sufficient to gain the necessary practical experience for the job role
- Aircraft engineering and/or aircraft Technical Publications experience
- Knowledge of Air Publication specifications e.g. ASD Spec 1000D, MilSpec1388 LSAR, DADS, DAvP 70/77, ATA02/90, ATA100, etc
- An understanding of Airworthiness and Flight Safety regulations and requirements
- Knowledge of technical authoring and production tools e.g. Framemaker, Eagle Publishing System (EPS) and CAPS2000
- Excellent understanding of Helicopter products and engineering drawings
- Keyboard skills, a working knowledge of computers and computer system applications
- Right to live and work in the UK
If you think this is the role for you and you have the necessary skills and attributes please apply today or contact JMC Recruitment for more details.
Please note that due to a high level of applications we will only be contacting shortlisted candidates.
For the opportunity JMC Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an employment agency.
Job Reference: 12817
Salary per: Zero
Job Duration: Permanent
Job Start Date: 12/04/2022
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Yeovil
Job Industry: Technical Author
Job Skill: airworthiness, Service Bulletin, Technical Author