Are you an experienced Technical Author looking for a new challenge?
JMC Recruitment are currently working with a leading Aviation Organisation who are looking to add an experienced Technical Author to their expanding team.
This is a Permanent Position working from home with occasional visits to Yeovil with an immediate start date.
The role of Technical Author will involve:
- Create, edit and maintain technical documents including component maintenance manuals, service bulletins, aircraft maintenance manuals and illustrated parts catalogues to meet the agreed requirements
- Read engineering drawings, have knowledge of aircraft operational requirements, service instructions and aircraft repairs
- Support the technical verification and validation of technical documentation
- Ensure technical documentation is produced to required quality, timeframes and standards
- Ensure quality control of documentation in accordance with applicable technical authoring specifications and standards
- Maintain records and files of all versions and revisions in conjunction with document control
The successful Technical Author will have the following attributes:
- Educated to at least HNC level or equivalent in a relevant aviation related subject
- Alternatively, to have completed a recognised engineering apprenticeship followed by a period of employment in all aspects of aircraft maintenance and overhaul, sufficient to gain the necessary practical experience for the job role
- Detailed knowledge of Supportability and Air Publication specifications e.g. ASD Spec 1000D, MilSpec1388 LSAR, DADS, DAvP 70/77, ATA02/90, ATA100, etc
- Knowledge of technical authoring and production tools e.g. Framemaker, LSAR’s (EAGLE) Eagle Publishing System (EPS) and CAPS2000
- Have the ability to interpret engineering drawings and use Dassault Enovia
- Right to live and work in the UK
If you think this is the role for you and you have the necessary skills and attributes please apply today or contact JMC Recruitment for more details.
Please note that due to a high level of applications we will only be contacting shortlisted candidates.
For the opportunity JMC Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an employment agency.
Job Reference: 12815
Salary per: Zero
Job Duration: Permanent
Job Start Date: 12/04/2022
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Yeovil
Job Industry: Technical Author
Job Skill: Technical Author