Are you an experienced Assistant Buyer looking for a new challenge?
JMC are working with an MRO Organisation based near Cardiff, looking to recruit an Assistant Buyer to join their team.
This is a Permanent Position based near Cardiff with an immediate start date.
This position will require the Assistant Buyer to be responsible for obtaining aircraft parts, materials and equipment to meet aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul requirements in a timely manner. Working collaboratively with the Planning, Stores and Production teams, the Assistant Buyer contributes to the efficient running and continuous improvement of the department. This will be whilst delivering exceptional levels of customer service and meeting the required performance indicators in line with Company goals.
The responsibilities of the Assistant Buyer will involve:
- Supports the day-to-day management of suppliers and internal customer needs/deliveries
- Compares and evaluates supplier quotes
- Accurately processes Purchase Orders (PO’s) using the Company’s purchasing software
- Tracks and follows up POs to ensure the timely deliveries of goods
- Assesses and reviews the quality of purchased products
- Enters updated records (e.g. vendors, quantities, prices) into internal databases.
- Sets up and maintains accurate records of suppliers, purchased products, delivery information and invoices
- Monitors stock levels and places orders as required
- Researches potential suppliers and develops appropriate Service Level Agreements (SLA’s)
- Builds effective working relationships with both existing and potential new suppliers
- Reduces costs where possible without compromising on product quality, availability and delivery timescales
- Executes logistics plans and organises transportation activities, including storage of parts, and transportation of components to third parties for servicing as required
- Coordinates and tracks movement of parts and aircraft components into and out of the Company
- Actively contributes to the development and continuous improvement on internal procedures and processes
- Informs the H&S team if a new item has been ordered into Caerdav that will need an COSHH assessment
- Any other tasks and duties as reasonably required in accordance with the needs of the business
The successful Assistant Buyer will have the following attributes:
- Demonstrable purchasing/procurement experience in a similar role
- Previous experience within an aviation MRO part 145 (or equivalent) environment desirable
- Can demonstrate excellent IT skills including data exportation
- Working knowledge of Oases. Knowledge of working with Approved Suppliers desirable
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at Grade C or above including Maths and English Language
- Right to work in the UK
If you think this is the role for you and you have the necessary skills and attributes please apply today or contact JMC Recruitment for more details.
Please note that due to the high level of applicants we will only be contacting shortlisted candidates regarding this role.
For the opportunity JMC Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an employment agency.
Job Reference: 12794
Salary per: Zero
Job Duration: Permanent
Job Start Date: 06/04/2022